Monday, March 28, 2011

Tiger Mom

Just received this email from my mom,

"Hi Charley,

I just caught up on your blog. It is always a treat to read - very witty, but I do worry about your health! I have to make one momish comment. I know blogs are casual and little imperfections add to the charm, but would it be possible to stop using "real" when you mean really or very? I know it is one of my pet peeves but to me it always makes people sound uneducated when I hear it...
Love,
Mom"

Word is bond but as a sort of point counter-point I do wanna drop this.

Obviously it's hard to see how you come off from inside your own head but somewhere between Graham Greene and Ghostface is where I'm headed.

2 comments:

  1. this is great. i just sent charley a message wondering why he insisted on using "real" so frequently and inappropriately. not that i dont think you're a genius, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL LOL LOL this made my day. charley, your mum rocks.

    ReplyDelete